DENTAL PROBLEMS YOU MAY HAVE & WHAT TO THINK ABOUT
Damaged, missing, or unsightly teeth can be very distressing personally, can undermine your self-confidence, and underlying dental disease can harm your overall health.
As Prosthodontists, we will help you understand the issues surrounding your individual problems and the pro's and con's of the various treatment options that are appropriate for you. Many patients have complex problems that require treatment from other specialists. We will help you navigate through the different aspects of interdisciplinary treatment.
COMMON DENTAL PROBLEMS – AND TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR THEM
- Pain to temperature, biting or sweets
- What to do in an emergency
- A broken or cracked tooth
- A single (or a few) missing teeth
- Several (or all) missing teeth
- What about implants?
- A broken or missing filling
- Loose, broken, or sensitive crowns or bridges
- Teeth or restorations that are no longer attractive
- Dentures or partial dentures that are loose or sore
- Gums that bleed
- Receding gums
- Crooked or other problem teeth positions
- Gum disease that is weakening your teeth
- Chipped or worn teeth
- Grinding, clenching, and sore jaws
- I have osteoporosis and take medication
- Joint replacement surgery
- Heart murmur or other "minor" heart problem
- I don't have major problems, I just need a good dentist!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The nature of your problem
- The different treatment options available for your problem
- The advantages of each treatment option
- The disadvantages of each treatment option
- The general expense of each treatment option
- The other specialists who will be involved with your treatment
- What will happen if you do nothing